Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy #1) by Wendy Higgins

                                                                              Summary (Goodreads):

What if there were teens whose lives depended on being bad influences?
This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels in Sweet Evil.

Tenderhearted Southern girl, Anna Whitt, was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage, and her will-power is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?




 My Thoughts:

What would you do if your life depended on how bad you acted?

WOW is the one word to describe this book. I was just speechless at the end. I usually don't read books about angels, I just can't really get into them unless they are good, like Celestra series. I actually haven't finished those yet. Anyways, this was an angel book that I could get into. I loved every minute of it and it had me on the edge of my seat. I read the eBook copy of this but now I have to go to the store to but it. Let me tell you, I only buy books from the store if I really want the book b.c it blowed my mind.

On to the characters:


I really respected Anna, she didn't do anything that she didn't want to do. I'd admire that in a character. I really related to her in the story, we believe in a lot of the same things. Kaidan is a totally different story. I could totally see how she fell for him. I probably would have done the same thing. They call it the good girl syndrome in the book. I totally have that lol

I went to the Authors blog and she is already started on the third book. The second one does not have a title yet but it may be Sweet hope. She said it could change and she would put the final title on goodreads herself. I can not wait for the next one to come out!!!

Have you read this book yet, if so what did you think about it? If not do you want to read it?

5 STARS

3 comments:

  1. I don't usually read a lot of angel books either, but I did like this one. The hilarious drummer jokes, the great friendship between Anna and Jay -- I enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have yet to read this one, but i have it waiting for me. i keep trying to make myself rad something different than Kevin(tiffany, dang it) so we can do different reviews for the blog, but you two make it sound so good. D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am every English teachers nightmare. READ** Mrs. McCamy would be ashamed of how far I've fallen.

      Delete

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....