Tuesday, July 3, 2012

{Review} Easy by Tammara Webber

From Goodreads:
When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she’s single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, stalked by her ex’s frat brother, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Her econ professor gives her an email address for Landon, the class tutor, who shows her that she’s still the same intelligent girl she’s always been. As Jacqueline becomes interested in more from her tutor than a better grade, his teasing responses make the feeling seem mutual. There’s just one problem—their only interactions are through email.

Meanwhile, a guy in her econ class proves his worth the first night she meets him. Nothing like her popular ex or her brainy tutor, Lucas sits on the back row, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. At a downtown club, he disappears after several dances that leave her on fire. When he asks if he can sketch her, alone in her room, she agrees—hoping for more.

Then Jacqueline discovers a withheld connection between her supportive tutor and her seductive classmate, her ex comes back into the picture, and her stalker escalates his attention by spreading rumors that they’ve hooked up. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.

Author Recommendation: Mature Young Adults (language, drinking, sexual situations)

 
My thoughts

Easy is one of those books that you love every moment of and leaves you wanting more
                                                         - Tiffany Webb

Falling in love with this stupid book was easy. :D incredibly easy.
                                                         - Ashley Snyder

Easy is about a girl named Jacqueline who gives up her life dream of going to music school to follow her boyfriend to his college. If you are reading this you should always do what you want to no matter what anyone else wants. A relationship will not work if one of you are holding the other back from what they really want to do(at least I think, I never been in a relationship before so i have no idea what i am talking about, but it feels right). Now back to the book. We follow Jacqueline through her college experiences of bad moments, some absolutely scary and the best moments of her life. ;)

I devoured this book in one sitting. I could not stop reading this, I’m pretty sure I skipped a meal……or two. Jacqueline is like any girl who is happily in love and then her world gets turned upside down. I like reading to this book b/c I’m currently in college now and it was interesting to see what all happened in the book. (My college life is boring and no excitement, but you don’t want to know that) She falls apart and someone needs to help her get back on her feet. Is it Lance her online tutor or Lucas the mysterious bot who sits in the back of the class room and draws?

I didn’t think I would like Jacqueline b/c I thought she was going to be one of those girls that is a push over. Well she proved me wrong. I’m sure anyone would fall apart after a break up, especially if you have been together for a while. I admired how after a while she got up and started living her life again. I don’t think I would have made it (not through the break up but the schoolwork).

I am in love with Lucas….really I’m not kidding. If he was real I would be all over that. Sure Lance is fine but he is not Lucas LOL I’m not even going to describe him for you b/c I want you to read about him and come tell me what you think of him. If you have already read this tell me what you think in the comment section below.

Jacqueline’s best friend Erin was the best. She was so freaking hilarious to me. She had me laughing at just about everything. If you don’t know any people that are blunt well you need to read about Erin. She’s also what you call a true friend who stays by your side no matter what.

Some quotes from Easy:

The last thing I thought before I picked up my econ textbook and hurled it at him: How can he use such a piece-of-shit cliché in a moment like this?
Using Don as an example, he pointed out the obvious vulnerable spots (“Yes,” Erin hissed when he indicated the groin)

Omg I loved those!!! I know there are probably a lot more but like I said I flew through this book.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....