Sunday, December 1, 2013

Review: True Love's First Kiss

Half-Faeries and mortals. Black magic and genocide. Coming of age and coming into power.

~ Book 1 - NANDANA’S MARK ~

Melia longs to fly like the fullblood faeries...
Her mortal father plots to bring war to the Enchanted World...
Her faerie mother practices black magic behind closed doors...

Tainted by her father’s ambitions, Melia seeks aid from the Illustrator. She receives a strange mark on her forehead meant to bring her help. Before it arrives, tragedy strikes—and Melia’s dreams of flying coming true.

~ Book 2 - THE FLOWER OF ISBELLINE ~

When a dark power seduces Melia’s sister...
And the keys to power are at risk...
The cost of denying true love will be apocalyptic...

Melia races against time to stop her sister from pursuing their father’s damning legacy.

~ Book 3 - THE DRAGON CARNIVALE
  
In Illialei… A light queen practices black magic. 
In Tyrannis… The dragonwitch rises to power.
In the Mortal World… Umbra pursues the halfbloods as vessels of incarnation.

Energies in the Enchanted World are shifting and new alliances are forming; the Battle of Dark and Light has begun. Melia is desperate to make things right with Ryder, the young priest from Idonne, but first she must warn the halfbloods in the Mortal World that Umbra is coming for them--and face the powerful Dragonwitch and her spectacular Dragon Carnivale.




Review Book 1
The first story focuses on a young girl named Melia. While the story mainly focuses on her and her story, there is a bigger picture throughout and multiple other points of view. I was not a big fan of all the POVs in this book, but I managed it without too much damage. ;) I enjoy fantasies, so I fell in love with the fantasy creatures and the fey (most of them) Melia was a pretty cool character because of her strength and determination. She of course had her moments, but she could be really awesome and kicka** if the situation called for it. Ryder was an enjoyable side character, who had an incredible inner strength. He was a great addition , but I would have liked a little bit more of him in the story. The romance was cute and light. My favorite character played a more minor part, though. (: She was a sweetheart. The other characters in the novel were horrible and I couldn't really understand where they were coming from in their actions. At times, I just wanted to slap some faces, but every book needs villains and indecent characters, so I guess I will let it slide. :/ I had to reread some parts in order to really understand what was going on on some parts, but for the most part, the book was intriguing. Maybe those characters will redeem themselves in the next book? (: 
rating: 3.2/5


Review Book 2
More faeries? Yes, please! The action gets taken up a notch in this book and I get to see more of Ryder and Melia as opposed to all the other POVs that were present in the first book. Being able to focus on fewer characters (there was still others. But they were much easier to read). I enjoyed the characters better in this book and found myself very concerned for their welfare. Plantaine! O.O The characters travel farther into the realm of magic and a lot more awesome takes place. The villain was not evil, but he was pretty mena and nasty. I am glad I continued reading after the first book because this one actually has me dying to read the third book. dying! :D This book was just as cute as the first, but managed to draw me in more than the first one. Friendships were tested and stuff went DOWN.The story-line was less confusing, but there was still some minor things that I could not grasp. Maybe that's just me? Anyway, on to book 3! 
rating: 4.2/5


Review Book 3
Wow. These books just keep getting better and better! Book 4 is probably going to blow my mind. O.O In this book, Melia must go on another quest to stop Mister Villian man from getting another vessel. There are still only a small hand-full of POVs in this book- making it easy to follow. There is more Ryder and Melia and even though they have their hiccups, they are still cute and I enjoy the progression of their relationship. Some characters had some idiot moments- but that us to be expected. Another enjoyable read filled with fey and friendship. I suppose the next book will be just as good as this one. I had originally thought there were only three books, but I welcome the addition of another. (: 
rating: 4.4/5



 photo RyanFOXBIGGER_zpsebe33d61.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....